During my sophomore year of high school, I took Government only as a requirement. My teacher, who like most of my high school teachers, didn’t ignite my desire to care one iota about our government.
It’s miraculous how life can give you second chances. When asked to teach a Civics class this year I thought,”Yuck! Civics? How am I going to do that?”
Thanks to my teaching background, Pinterest, Teachers Pay Teachers, a little more maturity and a need to make government fun, I now have a heightened interest in how our government works. Especially our election process. And because I’m beginning to become more excited about the election season, my kids are too.
Election day is a special day for all Americans. Celebrating should be happening everywhere. Our children need to see living in America as a privilege.
Because food is a popular way to celebrate an event, we’re going to be eating Election Day treats after voting. Here are some suggestions for your Election Day celebration.
- Be sure to check out Two Sister’s Crafting’s Patriotic Popcorn
- During the commercials on Election Night head into the kitchen to make these Chocolate Covered Strawberries from Cupcake Kisses ‘n’ Crumbs
- Check out these strawberries I found on The Party Goddess Instagram. Yum!
- I adore Rice Krispies and so do my kids! During my research I found Beth at Hungry Happenings. She has step by step instructions on these Red, White, and Blue, Rice Krispie Treat Pinwheels.
- While you’re watching the election results, sit down with some festive popcorn.
- Before heading to the store, check out this post on 15 Super Delicious Party Food Ideas.
- Super Healthy Kids has a really cute idea for Patriotic Party Dip.
- By the time election night is over, you’ll need some fun Trail Mix to liven up the party! Head over to Sprinkle Some Fun for the recipe!
- I love Cute Foods For Kids. When in need, read this post full of party food ideas for the election.
- Hungry Happenings also has THESE!!!
- Frugal Coupon Living has tons of ideas for your Red, White, and Blue fun!
- Don’t forget the Oreos! This idea from Catch My Party is super easy!
- If your kids love Jello, here’s a great post with a fun Jello treat!
- When time is short and you don’t have time to bake, look into these Patriotic No Bake Cake Batter Truffles.
- Speaking of cake, look at this Red, White, and Blue Strawberry Shortcake Trifle from An Affair From the Heart!
- If you’re in the mood for a savory snack, try these Red White and Blue Deviled Eggs from Created By Diane!