I’ve been talking about our Ocean Vocabulary ELA Unit in our Teacher 2 Teacher Facebook Group for quite some time now. I’m so excited to announce that it’s ready to go!
If you’ve been around my blog much, you know I’m in love with thematic units. I quickly discovered my kids were in love with them, too. They are such an enjoyable way to learn and children can really go deep into their learning. I’ve created many thematic units and have gotten great feedback on them. I decided to team up with my talented teacher friend, April, to put together a whole year’s worth of thematic vocabulary ELA lessons.
Our Ocean Vocabulary ELA Unit is the 5th Unit in our 3rd-5th grade series. It combines vocabulary, grammar, reading, and writing. With this unit we also add a little geography. We also provide 2 weeks of lesson plans and a suggested book list. There are many, many ways to use this unit. The lessons plans are only suggestions.
Using this unit will:
- provide a fun vocabulary unit
- engage kids in learning new words
- expose children to high-quality oral language
- assess comprehension skills such as author’s purpose, understanding of text, identifying main idea, comparing and contrasting, summarizing, and determining word meanings from text
- assess fluency
- assess writing skills
- identify and writing singular and plural possessive nouns
Here’s a peek at our preview pages.
Find Ocean Vocabulary ELA Unit in our store.