Last week I posted my Reader Survey. The results from this survey will not only benefit me, but will ultimately benefit you, by helping me improve the content I create.
If I were to boil the results down to a “reader’s profile” this is what it looks like.
- My typical reader is a female (100%) between the ages of 35-44 (44.4%)
- She has at least a college degree (38.64%) or a graduate degree (38.64%)
- She lives in the US (94.74%)
- Her faith is very important (73.68%)
- She is especially interested in my blog posts related to teaching strategies (38.89%) thematic units (33.33%) and Kindergarten Lessons and Resources (27.78%)
Based on my readers’ comments this is what I have concluded:
- Keep posting. This survey encouraged me to continue and to post as or more often.
- Focus more on teaching strategies. Since I have a child beginning Kindergarten this year, I have started to post more content on Kindergarten lessons. I will continue to do so, but I will shift a bit and focus more on strategies.
- Keep encouraging, connecting, and making learning fun. Readers like the encouragement and the connection to other links and resources. They also like the lessons that encourage play and fun.
- Keep providing secular homeschooling material. I am not afraid to express my faith, but I want to reach as broad of an audience as possible without making anyone feel excluded. The survey has encouraged me to continue to live my faith more than preach it!
- Stay with my plan to host my own site. Some suggested that I have a source list for resources on my blog. I wholeheartedly agree! By using WordPress.com I am limited on how I design my site. As a result, I am planning to move to a self hosted platform that will give us more options.
Do you have any additional insights about the survey? Will you please give them to me?